Dodgers’ Trevor Bauer Avoids Charges In Assault Case: Reports

Dodgers’ Trevor Bauer avoids charges in assault case: reports

Dodgers’ Trevor Bauer avoids charges in assault case: reports

Los Angeles Dodgers star Trevor Bauer will avoid charges after an investigation into domestic violence allegations from last year, according to multiple reports.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office decided not to charge Bauer after reviewing messages between the pitcher and the accuser, the Pasadena Police Department’s investigation and the transcript of the civil hearing last summer, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

3: Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer (27) looks on during a MLB game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants on May 23, 2021 at Oracle Park in San Francisco, CA.

3: Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer (27) looks on during a MLB game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants on May 23, 2021 at Oracle Park in San Francisco, CA.
(Brian Rothmuller / Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

Two sexual encounters between Bauer and the San Diego woman from last spring were under the spotlight in this case. Bauer was not charged after an investigation into the first encounter and there was reportedly not enough evidence to prove that Bauer committed a crime in May either.

The MLB is still investigating the incident. Bauer could face a suspension to start the 2022 season.

“MLB is continuing their investigation. We will have no further comment until it concludes,” the Dodgers said in a statement, via AM 570.

Bauer was placed on administrative leave after the allegations first surfaced. While he signed a lucrative contract with the Dodgers before the start of the 2021 season, he only appeared in 17 games. He last pitched on June 28 before he was placed on leave.

Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Trevor Bauer throws against the San Francisco Giants during the first inning of a baseball game, Monday, June 28, 2021, in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Trevor Bauer throws against the San Francisco Giants during the first inning of a baseball game, Monday, June 28, 2021, in Los Angeles.
(AP Photo / Jae C. Hong)

DODGERS PITCHER TREVOR BAUER’S LEAVE EXTENDED THROUGH THE 2021 SEASON

He was initially accused of choking a woman unconscious and allegedly punching her several times during two consensual sexual encounters.

A judge denied the 27-year-old woman’s request for a restraining order in August. The alleged victim said she sought the order when she learned the criminal probe of Bauer was likely going to take some time.

Trevor Bauer # 27 of the Los Angeles Dodgers looks on after giving up a hit to Joey Gallo # 13 of the Texas Rangers during the fifth inning at Dodger Stadium on June 12, 2021 in Los Angeles, California.

Trevor Bauer # 27 of the Los Angeles Dodgers looks on after giving up a hit to Joey Gallo # 13 of the Texas Rangers during the fifth inning at Dodger Stadium on June 12, 2021 in Los Angeles, California.
(Katelyn Mulcahy / Getty Images)

After a four-day hearing, Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman found that, based on the alleged victim’s testimony, Bauer followed boundaries the woman set. The judge determined that Bauer couldn’t know the boundaries the woman didn’t express.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Bauer and his attorneys have denied any wrongdoing and have said through representatives that everything between Bauer and the woman was “wholly consensual.”

#Dodgers #Trevor #Bauer #avoids #charges #assault #case #reports